"The city's liveliest and most polished professional theater." - The Statesman
Employment & Internships
ZACH is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Leadership responsibility for the logistical execution of and the fundraising goals associated with all of ZACH’s development related special events, including the annual gala (Red, Hot, & Soul) and Fall Benefit. Work closely with each event’s committee members in planning and fundraising as well as the executive leadership, all internal departments and external vendors. Provide coordination and support for donor stewardship and cultivation events related to the Annual Fund and Capital Campaign, including but not limited to: Great Scott parties (for donors $1200+), Director’s Circle Dinner (for donors $5K+), Annual Holiday Party, Corporate Council Receptions, etc. Responsible for the creation and adherence to each event’s budget, including finding and securing in-kind donations as needed. Responsible for creation and execution of annual raffle, including securing prizes and creating tactical execution plan. Additional events and duties may be added as the needs of the organization change. Plays a role in the strategic development of the department as well as helping to identify new opportunities for special events to impact and enhance contributed income at ZACH.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-10 years development experience with at least 5 years involved in special events/event planning
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in event management and fundraising for the arts, with professional theatre experience a plus
- Experience in successful donor solicitations of individuals and corporations
- Experience in high level donor (i.e. Board Member, Major Funder) interaction
- Experience developing event sponsorship packages and associated materials
- Experience in leading and managing committee members, volunteers and donors
- Experience in developing new fundraising events, including brainstorming and researching new concepts
- Understanding of event contracts as they pertain to catering, rentals, hotels, etc.
- Experience negotiating with and managing vendors in highly dynamic environments
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral- and a complete commitment to customer service
- Ability to speak before groups, lead meetings and display leadership initiative
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal supervision
- Ability to function at a high level in a fast paced and changing environment
- Experience with auctions and/or raffles
- Experience with Special Project or Project Management a plus
- Superior time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to create copy and collateral for events
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Knowledge of Tessitura preferred
- Experience in working with theatre production staff preferred
- Basic marketing and PR experience a plus
- Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Meet the annual fundraising goals assigned to the Special Events revenue line (approx. $1.1M gross in current year)
- Lead and execute all of ZACH’s elevated fundraising events (2 per year) including:
- Creation and implementation of income and expense budgets
- Meeting assigned fundraising goals
- Solicitation of all income, whether directly or with staff/volunteer/board support, including:
- Corporate event underwriters
- Sponsorship level donors
- Table sales
- Single ticket sales
- Recruitment and leadership of co-chairs and committees
- Interfacing with vendors and external resources
- Evaluation of event success
- Execution of event specific fundraising efforts, including:
- Live and Silent Auction
- Includes responsibility of coordination solicitation of items
- Fund-a-need or Cash Calls
- Live and Silent Auction
- Serve as key liaison between internal departments (i.e. production, marketing, facilities, front of house, artistic) to execute vision of Volunteer or Board leadership, while maintaining income and expense goals
- Support and execute donor stewardship and cultivation events led by other development staff (10-12 per year), including:
- Interface with vendors and external resources to achieve cultivation or stewardship goal of each event
- Coordinate with internal resources (i.e. facilities, production, front of house) to achieve desired execution of each event
- Plan and execute annual summer raffle, including:
- Strategic creation of raffle
- Solicitation of items
- Logistical planning to staff, advertise and support the raffle
- Solicit and manage event-related in-kind partnerships
- Serve as member of development department, and assume duties shared by all department members, including a rotating assignment of staffing the donor lounge for every performance
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Reports To: Director of Education/Technical Director
Job Summary: In charge of the execution of Scenery, Properties and Lights for Family Series, other Education productions and class presentations. Secondary responsibilities include serving as an ATD/Draftsman for Mainstage productions--the ability to draft using AutoCAD is essential for this position.
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Theatre
Minimum Required Experience: 3 years professional theatre experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage projects and multitask
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to produce construction drawings using AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of theatrical lighting equipment
- Working knowledge of sound equipment
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Construction techniques including carpentry, welding and props construction.
- Knowledge of rigging systems and stage automation
- Knowledge of stage operations.
- Understanding of equity and union rules.
- Must have a passion for and experience in professional and educational theatre.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for employment of technical staff, build schedules, estimates, and construction drawings for Family and other Education shows.
- Development and maintenance of production and show budgets for Family and Education shows.
- Supervision and execution of scenery and special effects while assisting with the execution of sound, props and lighting.
- Provides drafting and technical support to the Scenery Department.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift 60lbs unassisted
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
ZACH is now accepting resumes for Theatrical Video Technicians for overhire and contract projects. If you are interested, please send your resume and portfolio to Alison Reid, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
- On Stage
- Topfer Theatre Campaign
- Special Events
- youth theatre
- Summer Camps
- Shows for Families
- Shows for Schools
- Spring Classes
- Spring Break and One Day Camps
- Pre-Professional Class Auditions
- Registration and Policies
- Teacher & Staff Bios
- Improv Classes for Adults
- space rentals
- Press Contacts
- ZACH Theatre Press Releases
- Topfer Theatre Media
- Current Production Photos
- Past Production Photos
- Red, Hot & Soul 2013
- ZACH Theatre Logos & Usage
- Leadership Bios & Headshots